Re: 747

Date:         13 Jul 97 19:52:40
From:         m@bang.org

kls@ohare.Chicago.NOSPAM.COM (Karl Swartz) wrote:
> According to sources who requested anonymity, NW flight 7 (SEA-NRT) on
> Monday, June 16, 1997 suffered an in-flight shutdown of the #3 engine
> two hours into the flight, due to lack of oil pressure.  The aircraft
> returned to SEA, where numerous metal shavings were found inside parts
> of the engine.  The aircraft we ferried to MSP two days later for an
> engine change.
>
> The aircraft involved was N614UA, a 757-251B (MSN 20359, LN 163)
> equipped with JT9D-7F engines.  At the time of the incident (or upon
> landing, I'm not sure which), the airframe had 90,405 hours in service
> and 19,491 cycles.

I'm surprised that Karl Swartz would refer to the #3 engine on a 757. I'm
further surprised that the moderator didn't catch it. :-) Perhaps that should
have been 747-251B.

M Carling
--
Microsoft Network is prohibited from reproducing this work, in whole or in
part. Copyright 1996, M Carling. License is available to Microsoft Network to