Re: HS Trident

Date:         13 Jul 97 01:25:52
From:         "john r." <john@guava.demon.co.uk>

In article <airliners.1997.1371@ohare.Chicago.COM>, Henry Law
<hjl@thelaws.demon.co.uk> writes
>There's a photograph in today's Independent newspaper in the UK of BA
>managers, supposedly at RAF Wroughton, learning the rudiments of baggage
>handling and towing aircraft in preparation for a forthcoming strike.
>And what are they practicing on?  A Trident 3, G-AWZM!  It's in what
>looks to have been BA livery, not BEA.
>
>But why would an RAF base have a Trident?  They are favourites at
>airports for fire training, but surely military fire crews don't need to
>practice fighting fires on airliners ...

I think Wroughton is a Science Museum annex, bits that wont fit in
Kensington go there. They have a good open day once a year.
There is also a a Boeing 247 and a Connie amongst others. The most
amazing mechanical contraption I saw there is a pea picking machine.

Cosford, west of Brum has some BA aircraft, including some I have worked
on.

--
john r.