Re: Cargo door theory TWA 800 and others

Date:         06 Jan 97 01:47:44
From:         "Carl Peters, M.D." <cpeters@i1.net>

> simonlc@ozemail.com.au (Simon Craig) wrote:
>
>My goodness!  So an airspeed increase caused the cargo door to blow out.
>Extraordinary.  This theory is only a little more ludicrous than the very
>dangerous "empty centre wing tank" theory, you know - "All those vapours
>in an empty tank are more dangerous than a full tank."****************

The fact that vapors are more dangerous is not just a theory - anyone in
fire protection can attest to this fact. I see it as a physician in certain
ER injuries. This is part of high school level Physics. You are invited to
test this on a warm day with a sealed near empty can of gasoline vs. a full
one - tell us which one blew your fingers off.

Carl Peters