Re: American 737-200s

Date:         10 Jul 97 17:46:11
From:         kls.spam-be-gone@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>> American did, indeed own 737-200's and -300's for approximately 12-24
>> months, around 1985.

>You sure? I remember flying an American 737 from San Jose to Reno, and that
>was in 1989 at the very earliest.

His dates are a bit off.  American acquired the planes in the AirCal
merger (acquisition), which was consumated July 1, 1987.  Several of
the 737-3A4s lasted into 1992.  Unlike the -300s, which were all built
new for AirCal, the 737-200s were a pretty random collection of second-
hand planes.  Of the three which I looked up, all left American in
1989.

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com