Re: HS Trident/More wierdness

Date:         10 Jul 97 17:46:11
From:         kls.spam-be-gone@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)

>The nose gear retracted sideways, as I recall it swung to the left.
>The gear leg was offset to the (right?) of the fuselage centerline.

Backwards -- the nose gear was offset to the left, and retracted to
the right.

>The other strange thing about the nose gear was it had four tires on a
>single axle.  I'm guessing that the narrow gear well limited the tire
>diameter, so 4 tires were required.

But wouldn't that make the axle longer?  I would have thought that
would be a more critical dimension, since it would have to fit between
the cabin floor and the bottom of the fuselage.  (I had never noticed
this peculiarity of the Trident before.)

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com