Re: Convair 880

Date:         10 Jul 97 17:46:10
From:         Patt <address@bottom.net>

Brian Maddison wrote:
> >The aircraft that looks like a Convair 880 that is located in the
> >Albuquerque, NM area is not a Convair 880.  It looks like one, but it
> >isn't!  It is a prototype Douglas aircraft that never made it into
> >production.  I don't remember all of the details on it, but it wasn't a
> >large as the 880's, but it had a very similar design.
>
> Would you be referring to the McDonnell (not Douglas) model 220 ?
>
> I am amazed to learn it still survives. Where is it exactly ?

The 220 was at the FBO on the west end of ABQ airport.  With the runway
and terminal building construction, the FBO was moved to the southwest
side of the aiport several years ago... haven't seen the airplane since,
but there is a chance it may be out of view behind the hangar...

            Patt
     mailto:pattmcd@swbell.net
--
"Lemme hava Diablo sanwich ana Doctah Peppah..
  an make et fast.. I'm in a gawdam hurry!"