Re: Northwest A319 will replace what ?

Date:         29 Jun 97 16:47:04
From:         "matt weber" <mweber@cyberltd.com.au>

Marc Schaeffer <marcmsc@geocities.com> wrote in article
<airliners.1997.1345@ohare.Chicago.COM>...
> I wonder which a/c NW will replace with the A319. As we know NW has
> invested a lot of money to upgrade the flight systems and quiet the
> engines of 173 DC-9 jets it is operating.

The Published information says it will be D9's that are replaced. They
got the D9's from Republic/(Hughes Air West, North Central, Southern),
and some of them are very very old (-20's and -15's). My guess is that
only the 'younger' D9's have been upgraded.  I remember flying on a North
Central D9-20 in 1967 when it was literally brand new, so the -15 and
-20's could be 30 years old. I think its a safe bet they are over 20 years
old.