Re: Delta MD-90

Date:         27 Jun 97 15:37:17
From:         Seth Dillon <bdillon1@mindspring.com>

pbyrd@sprynet.com wrote:
> What has been Delta's history with the MD-90?  I've heard that the
> experience hasn't been good and I haven't seen one at a Delta gate in
> several months.  Is Delta still operating the type?

Delta has about 10 of them and yes they are flying.  Early on the
reliability of the aircraft was poor, but that is usually the cas when a
new aircraft is introduced into service.  The biggest problems seemed to
be in the new type VSCF generators.  McD and the component venders have
been very responsive and as such the reliability is now quite good.

			-Seth