Re: Air Accident Investigation

Date:         01 Jan 97 20:59:22
From:         s_odle@earthlink.net

On 28 Dec 96 14:20:11 , davemclark@aol.com (Davemclark) wrote:

>Can anyone mail me who is involved in accident investigation of any type,
>civil or military, UK or US and in any role, ops or engineering.  I am a
>student of Aeronautical Engineering and would like to get into this field
>but at the moment am just looking towards studying some aspect of it for a
>final year project.

All accident investigations within the Us are conducted byt the NTSB,
they are in charge.  The FAA participates when the NTSB askes or if
the NTSB delegates the investigation to them.

In other countries, that countries airworthiness authority is in
charge, and the FAA/NTSB may participate if asked.

To get into this field you would want to work fot the NTSB.