Re: 767-400ERX (Was `Delta A340 order?')

Date:         06 Jan 97 01:41:45
From:         jfmezei <nospam.jfmezei@videotron.ca>

re: article in a magazine about Boing courting Delta for the 767-400

H Andrew Chuang wrote:
> is an obvious move.  It's interesting that you questioned this report
> of Delta's potential interest in the B767-400ERX, but I don't remember
> you doubting reports of Delta's interest in the A330/340.

I, in now way, am questioning our doubting that Boeing is courting
Delta. I was just wondering if the report in the magazine was based
on official/public statements made by Boeing, by Delta, or was based
on "unnamed sources", or just educated speculation.

I was also wondering if Boeing and/or Delta would use such public
relations methods to influence a decision or demoralise Airbus etc etc.

It is clear that Airbus is aware of its bad image in the USA. They are
taking steps to clean it up. The fact that their web site is based in
the USA (reston virginia) is such an indication. They are making TV ads
as well.

So I was wondering how much PR had to do with serious airplane buying
decisions.