Re: Logo Technology

Date:         10 Jun 97 00:35:00
From:         swanevel@total.net

Andrew Goldfinger wrote:

> I recently saw the new Air Canada livery.  They have replaced their
> simple single color maple leaf with a more realistic shaded version.  I
> have seen other examples of logos and livery becoming more complex.  Have
> their been advances in painting technology that have made this possible?

I recently had an opportunity to walk around a 747-400 in our hangar
being refitted with additional business class seats in the bubble. They
also replaced the maple leaf on the tail, and it appeared to be a decal.
I do not work in line maintenance, so I can't say for sure, but it had
an 'applied' look, rather than painted-on.

Fred.