Re: Replacement for Halon fire extinguishant

Date:         10 Jun 97 00:34:59
From:         mamula@oz.net (Donald Mamula)

Seth Dillon <sdillon@ilinks.net> wrote:
>If I remember correctly I read a small article this past week in
>"Aviation Daily" that Halon had been reapproved for fire extinguishing
>applications by the US EPA

A recent Tech Report from the FAA CRADA folks in Atlantic City had a
multi-page report on the approval process that a halon replacement had
gone through.  I believe I still have it at the office - if so, I'll
post details tomorrow.  It should also be available from the Atlantic
City office of the FAA.

--
Donald Mamula    Kirkland WA      mamula@oz.net
All opinions are those of the guest, and do not reflect