Re: ValuJet MD-80's

Date:         04 Jun 97 13:03:58
From:         "Mark Taylor" <marktaylor@worldnet.att.net>

Karl Swartz <kls@ohare.Chicago.COM> wrote in article
<airliners.1997.1168@ohare.Chicago.COM>...
> >Can anyone tell me how many MD80's that ValuJet still flies.
>
> None, and they never have flown any in revenue service.  They had
> picked up several but had not put them into service before the FAA
> grounded ValuJet.

Au contraire.  VJ flew four different MD-80s in revenue service.  Tail
numbers 801, 802, 803, and 830.  They typically flew
MCO-ATL-DFW-ATL-IAD-ATL-LGA.  Places like that.  They were the first
aircraft to have the Critter on the inside left-hand bulkhead facing the
passengers.  I believe they seated 163 pax.  They were a joy to work.