Re: A330-300HGW

Date:         04 Jun 97 13:03:54
From:         niels@lofgren.demon.co.uk (Niels Sampath)
Followups:    1 2 3

In article <airliners.1997.1186@ohare.Chicago.COM> jb7@usa.net "jla" writes:
>Problem is, it will be costly and requires not only new wing, but new
>landing gear.  The 777 was designed with the larger gear, at the expense of
>the added weight and expense, to support heavier versions of the craft.
>Airbus did not do this and thus will have to incorporate new gear.

Feel free to correct me (and I'm sure someone will if its neccessary!<g>)
but:
won't the new A340-500 have a new wing?...hence new wing for A330HGW.
If the A340 new wing is designed for 4-engines-only then that would be a
prob....does anyone know?
As for landing gear, just tack on the centre A340 section/gear/system
as far as I can see.  You would have A330s with/without the centre
gear  just like DC-10-30s  and 10-10s.

--
-Niels