Re: Memories of late TWA 707 flights

Date:         23 May 97 09:03:32
From:         lstone@interserve.com (Larry Stone)

In article <airliners.1997.1144@ohare.Chicago.COM>, jimcam@arctic.ca wrote:

>On 1997-05-09 zeno@magicnet.net said:
> ze>I have many fond memories of 2 flights I took on TWA 707s, from St.
> ze>Louis to Pittsburgh, and then back from Pittsburgh to St. Louis,
> ze>during the Christmas holidays of 1981. The open air overhead
> ze>storage areas with no closing doors, the cruising at 41,000 feet.
>
>41,000 feet from Pittsburgh to St. Louis???
>How about 31,000 feet.

41,000? Why not assuming the plane can get there. PIT-STL is what, about
500 miles? I've been on many UA 757's that fly SFO-SNA, 372 miles, at
41,000. Since they're so light (little fuel), they can get there and
that's where they're cheapest to operate.

--
-- Larry Stone --- lstone@interserve.com
   http://www.interserve.com/~lstone/