Re: Braking

Date:         17 May 97 15:15:47
From:         l.a.ram@ix.netcom.com (Louis A. Ramsay)

In <airliners.1997.1090@ohare.Chicago.COM> dzul@theos.com (dzul)
writes:

>In message <airliners.1997.1062@ohare.Chicago.COM> - "Thomas.Enblom"
><thomas.enblom@era.ericsson.se> writes:
>
>>Are there other rules except for runway length that decides which
>>braking technique to use?
>
>if the wheel brakes gets too hot (if u do not use the reverse thrust),
>u need a lot of time to cool them off.

     We used to pride ourselves on being able to "turn" a plane that
was stopping for fuel with less than ten minutes block time.  Seaboard-
World's Operations Manual specified the plane must remain on the blocks
for at least one hour after landing at near max landing weight.  That
requirement ruined our "block-times" for fuel stops, but SW pilots were
certain the brakes were cooled down before starting to taxi out.

     Lou.