Re: FMS Approach?

Date:         09 May 97 03:29:02
From:         lstone@interserve.com (Larry Stone)

In article <airliners.1997.1052@ohare.Chicago.COM>, "Mark E. Ingram"
<markt@mickey.mo-net.com> wrote:

>On 23 Apr 1997, Larry Nebron wrote:
>
>> What is an FMS Approach?  For SFO it is not published in the Jep or NOS.
>
>Larry, I'm not sure that any *approaches* are designated specifically as
>FMS (Flight Management System), even though both precision (ILS) and non-
>precision approaches might be *flown* using FMS (but I could certainly be
>wrong about this).

There is an FMS *approach* to SFO (from the east to 28R) but I beleive
it's a visual and essentially a cousin of a charted visual. It's not
publicly published. The approach fix I always hear mentioned is ARCHI (not
sure of the spelling).

--
-- Larry Stone --- lstone@interserve.com
   http://www.interserve.com/~lstone/