Re: US Airways Fleet Changes

Date:         30 Apr 97 03:19:12
From:         tbird209@cris.com (An Interested Party)

On 15 Apr 97 03:22:39 , "David F. Wagener" <dfw@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Anyone have any clue when the Fokkers will be sent to Arizona?
>
>Also, I understand that the DC-9s will be phased out here soon...so they
>won't be getting the new pretty colors. :P  Will the Airbuses...whenever
>they come...replace the entire 737 and MD80 fleet then?
>
>Kinda dumb if you ask me. I have grown to associate the 737 with
>USAir...since they fly just about the greatest number of them. If you ask
>me...the billions to be spent on 400 A-319/320/321 is dumb. Should use the
>money to pick up next-gen 737s and more long range planes (767s and 777s).

Airbus Industries officially reclaimed all of the delivery positions
that they were intending to give to USAirways.  This deal is all
but dead.  In related new, Continental Airlines has decided to follow
the lead of American Airlines and Delta Airlines in signing on with
BOEING as the sole provider of aircraft with a capacity that's over
129 (I think) seats.