Re: 767-400ERX for SAS?

Date:         30 Apr 97 03:19:07
From:         tschell@s.psych.uiuc.edu (Terry Schell)

Alan Wong <Alan.Wong@anu.edu.au> writes:
<snip>
>If my deductions are correct, then the existing 767ERs are rather compromised
>as a long haul aircraft in that either freight capacity or seats have to he
>left empty. This limitation will probably be carried to the 767-400 as well.
>Maybe that is why SAS finds the A340 or 777-200IGW much more suitable
>(assuming again that my deduction is correct).

Interesting speculation... I wonder if this means that the 767ER's
will be helped by the recent trend in long-haul aircraft to increase
seat pitch (or expand "business class seating") at the expense of a
couple rows of seats?  I think that United and American both announced
plans to do this on their long-hauls; I assume the competition will follow.