Re: delta LA-Hong Kong flight

From:         "Dfwmech" <Dfwmech@cris.com>
Date:         22 Jun 96 18:30:38

Delta dropped la-hong kong service due to lack of revenue.  They
(Delta) was making money on the route, but due to the lack of
transoceanic aircraft, they moved the md-11 to a more profitable
route.  The md-11 do have a range problem.  I believe Delta had some
center tanks installed in the md-11, which in turn took up cargo
space.  Less cargo space, less revenue per flight.  As for as the
question about making a stop in taiwan for fuel, I couldn't tell you
an answer.  I didnt know Delta went to Taiwan.
--
Dfwmech@concentric.net
A&P at DFW