MD-11ER Larger Winglets?

From:         ehahn@mallard.mitre.org (Ed Hahn)
Date:         15 Jun 96 18:26:10

Hi all,

I notice from the May 1996 issue of Air Transport World that World
Airways has taken delivery of the 7200nm range MD-11ER.  The photo
that accompanies the news item shows what appears to be a larger
winglet, but it could just be photographic distortion /
foreshortening.

Can anyone detail the differences between an MD-11 and MD-11ER in
terms of structural, aerodynamic, or other physical changes?

ed hahn

--------   Ed Hahn | ehahn@mitre.org | (703) 883-5988   --------