Re: VR-BAT

From:         Jop Vlaskamp <vlaskamp@cuci.nl>
Date:         15 Jun 96 18:26:09

>> Can anyone shed any light on the history of the 747-SP that is now registered
>> VR-BAT?  I saw it at the BA maintainance base at LHR last week.  It appeared
>> now to be some type of Middle-Eastern (Omani?) royal transport.

A dutch magazine called Scramble (issue of febr. '96) mentioned this
aircraft. Below my personal translation of it:

"..[VR-BAT] used to be the N148UA (!), arrived at LHR from Singapore in
"Qatar Royal Flight (Amiri)" colours, including tail logo, but no titles
(....) VR-BAT is registered to WorldWide Aircraft Holding Company. Possibly
this is only a temporary registration."

The type is reported to be a B747SP-21 with c/n 21648.

Daan Vlaskamp
The Netherlands