Re: DC-9 Flight Control/ hydraulic systems

From:         73727.644@compuserve.com (Jeff Givens)
Date:         15 Jun 96 13:43:30

On 10 Jun 96 12:22:25  rdd@netcom.com (Robert Dorsett) wrote:

>>In the case of AAL 191, the sole changes to be implemented were a re-
>>evaluation of the use of forklifts to hoist engines, and the modification
>>of takeoff speeds--not any dramatic re-implementation of the slat actuation
>>mechanism.  The latter may have been sufficient to avert further tragedies;
>>we'll never know.

Wasn't something done along the lines of having a mechanical downlock
installed to physically keep the slats in position with only positive
hydraulic pressure able to "lift" them?
JG...UKT(ABE/PHL)                        73727.644@compuserve.com
PP-ASEL incl. 4 hrs. B727!

"I will not buy this record, it is scratched."