Re: UAL 747?

From:         lstone@interserve.com (Larry Stone)
Date:         15 Jun 96 13:43:28

In article <airliners.1996.915@ohare.Chicago.COM>, kls@ohare.Chicago.COM
(Karl Swartz) wrote:

>>Re-registering the aircraft did not strike me as being unusual....
>>  It sounds like PR to me...
>
>Most members of the public can't even figure out which *type* of
>aircraft they're on, never mind remembering registrations -- if they
>even knew how to tell...

>It does sound like PR, but it's pretty unusual just the same.

I, of course, have no definitive information but I suspect that the
original N number (N4713U) ending in 13 may have had something to do with
renumbering it. We seem to be somewhat schizophrenic with regards to the
number 13. We have nose numbers and N numbers ending in 13 and row number
13 on every airplane but no flight numbers ending in 13 or 13xx. Also, no
gate 13 (or B13, etc.) at any airport of which I am aware.

--
-- Larry Stone --- lstone@interserve.com
   http://www.interserve.com/~lstone/