Re: Northwest 747s

From:         Chuanga@cris.com (H Andrew Chuang)
Date:         10 Jun 96 12:22:23

BBost0325 <bbost0325@aol.com> wrote:
>After checking the ownership records behind every 747SP, Northwest never
>bought or leased a single one.
>
>I must also dispute Mr. Anderson's claim of flying a NW 747SP in early
>1984.  At that time, the only operators of the 747SP were: Iran Air, Pan
>Am, South African Airways, Syrian Arab, China Airlines, Saudi Arabian
>Government, Aerolineas Argentinas, CAAC, TWA, Korean Air Lines (Korean
>Air), Saudi, Iraqi Government, and United Arab Emirates Government.  Since
>he says the flight was from Seoul to Seattle, I suspect it was a Korean
>Air Lines (now Korean Air) 747SP.

I don't remember NW had even operated a 747SP.  However, your speculation
that it was a KAL 747SP is probably incorrect, too.  KAL has never operated
between Seoul and Seattle, at least not on regular scheduled flight.
(The other Korean international airline, Asiana, started services between
SEA and SEL last year.)  Seattle used to be NW's major Pacific gateway.