SIA A340s

From:         Bong <sabejo@pom.devry.edu>
Date:         10 Jun 96 12:22:23

I just finnished reading airbus' press release. In one of their article,
AI wrote that SIA(singapore airlines) will use its A340's in SIA's
singapore-paris route. i remember that SIA cancelled its MD-11 orders
becuase SIA wanted an aircarft to carry a 60000 lbs. in this route, but
during actual test flight showed that a MD-11 can only carry 40000 lbs.
Now, A340-300 has a range of 7300 nm, and paris-sing. is roughly 6600 nm.
I think It would not be possible for the A340 to fly non-stop because of
the strong headwinds. Can someone tell me if I am wrong?