Re: VR-BAT

From:         BMADDISO@bcsc02.gov.bc.ca
Date:         10 Jun 96 12:22:23

kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz) writes:

>I couldn't find any 747 with that registration.  That could either
>mean it's newer than my references or you copied the registration
>wrong.

I saw it too, and can confirm it as VR-BAT. It is painted in Qatar (A7-)
Royal Flight colours. While it is common for VR-B.. allocations to be
used by offshore operators, VR-BAT is unusual in that it is way out of
sequence. Many countries re-issue lapsed registrations, but I was not
aware that Bermuda was one of them. Or maybe they have reached VR-BZZ
and had to start over.

Also, (re: British Airways DC10s) at LGW on the same day as above there
was a Caledonian DC10 G-GOKT. Is this a new a/c or just a re-registration

regards
Brian