Re: AA965 proves Airbus bashers deadly wrong

From:         richard@bofh.its.rmit.EDU.AU (Richard A. Muirden)
Date:         22 Jan 96 04:40:41

mezei_jf@eisner.decus.org (Jean-Francois Mezei) writes:
>Next time you take a modern elevator, WORRY. They're all computer controlled
>these days with all sortsd of fancy software to position each car to reduce
>wait time and increase efficiency. Some even have sensors for weight and
>movement/heat to detect if there is someone in the car of not. If you take into
>consideration everything that could go wrong, you should take the stairs.

uh. huh we have crazy computer controlled lifts at the University I work
at. When I was a student it used to be frustrating when the damn thing
would just "decide" to go down, or up, or not stop at your floor, or do
an express or...

*BUT*

That's a lift, not an aeroplane. You get the same kind of glitch in a
plane and people will die, rather than being 2 minutes late for a lecture.

-richard

--
Richard A. Muirden, Systems & Network Administration / Webmaster / Fanatic :)
RMIT Information Technology Services (ITS)        email: richard@rmit.edu.au