Re: UAL 747?

From:         Jeff Triebelhorn <triebelh@rastro.colorado.edu>
Date:         10 Jun 96 12:16:56

BTPB70A@prodigy.com (Jeff Ellis) wrote:
>I watched the Fox show "why planes go down" monday night. They said that
>the United 747 that lost a cargo door, some skin and several pasengers
>over the Pacific a few years ago was repaired and returned to service
>with United.
>
>Is this true?

YES!! I was on the plane a few years ago and the replacement interior
didn't match the rest of the plane. The replaced panels were
cleaner/brighter than the rest of the plane. It wasn't extremely
noticable but, if you looked closely you could tell.
It is still flying around and has the nose # 8424.

     Jeff Triebelhorn                                 __|__
triebelh@rastro.colorado.edu                     ---0--(*)--0---
http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~triebelh/Home.html         !  !  !
DEN, B-32 and 36.... 777 Masters! :-)         United Airlines Ramp Rat
Naturally, all views are MINE!                   and Proud Owner