Re: Flying Boats

From:         msb@SEI.CMU.EDU (Mark Bell)
Date:         02 Jun 96 23:01:51

Back in the late 1980's, there was a group of folks around the
Oakland CA area that had a Short Soylent flying boat.  Air Classics
Magazine ran a story on it, complete with some nice pictures.

Unless there is another Sunderland now around the Southern CA
area, I believe the So. CA flying boat refered to earlier in this
thread is really the Soylent.  I seem to recall seeing pictures
of it with its engines run up and, if time permits, I'll try
to wade through my back issues of Air Classics (1982 to present)
for verification.  Unfortunately, they don't provide a master
or yearly index.

Regards

Mark  PP/ASEL/IA  C-170 N3850V

Mark S. Bell                   msb@sei.cmu.edu