Re: UAL 747?

From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)
Date:         02 Jun 96 16:23:50
Followups:    1 2 3 4

>I watched the Fox show "why planes go down" monday night. They said that
>the United 747 that lost a cargo door, some skin and several pasengers
>over the Pacific a few years ago was repaired and returned to service
>with United.

>Is this true?

Sure.  The damage was not all the severe, so why not?  Many planes
with far more serious damage have been repaired and returned to
service.  United did take the rather unusual sstep of re-registering
it, from N4713U to N4724U.  I've seen it at SFO and if I hadn't known
the registration, it wouldn't have been any different from any other
UAL 747-122.

--
Karl Swartz	|Home	kls@chicago.com