Re: 737-200 water bomber!

From:         David Lednicer <dave@amiwest.com>
Date:         02 Jun 96 16:23:49

Niels M. Sampath wrote:

> Here's some interesting news:
> In the latest Air International (May`96) there is a blurb about
> Conair Aviation (BC, Canada) seriously thinking of converting a
> 737-200 into a water bomber.

	While the idea of a 737 waterbomber might sound outrageous at
first, it is really inevitable.  There is a strong push to reduce the
time it takes to get from base to a fire, while carrying a large
retardant load, so over the years, ever faster and bigger aircraft have
been used.  Using a 737 is a natural extension of this evolution.  I am
working on this project and find it to be quite sensible.