Re: So, how safe are oxygen generators in their INTENDED location?

From:         rickydik@ix.netcom.com (RD Rick)
Date:         02 Jun 96 16:20:12

Gary Moffitt writes:
>A good point.  I am an airline mechanic and have never been able to
>receive a satisfactory for that question although I have sought an
>answer>from our maintenence training department for several years.

>...  I have been tempted to discharge one myself to see how hot it
>actually got and how hot it made the surrounding area, unfortunately I
>think my boss would not approve of the experiment.
>Gary S. Moffitt

Good for you, Gary.  It is your kind of attitude that makes aviation so
safe.

Maybe you should ask training once again for info.  I'll bet they're a
lot smarter now, and more inclined to demonstate activating an oxygen
generator.

They must be expensive, or you would have been able to light one off
before this.

RD