Re: Engine shutdown on an A340

From:         rmhughes@iinet.net.au (Rick Hughes)
Date:         01 Jun 96 16:32:39

gerhard@onramp.net wrote:

>Onat Ahmet wrote:
>>
>> In article <airliners.1996.712@ohare.Chicago.COM>
>> bradg@io.org writes:
>>
>> <previous Q&A deleted>

>I don't know which airplane you're talking about but I have never seen
>an airplane that ever inhibits fire warning.

>If door warning lights aren't inhibited (I can't remember how many
>aborted takeoffs for door warnings I've seen) then fire warning surely
>won't be.

You're absolutely correct.

The A330/340 does inhibit numerous warnings from 80 kts to 1500 FT RA,
but there are 10 warnings that are never inhibited during take-off:

- ENGINE FIRE
- APU FIRE
- ENG FAIL (ENG SHUT DOWN)
- ENG OIL LO PR
- ALL ENG FLAME OUT
- L + R ELEV FAULT
- AP OFF
- CONFIG
- FWC 1 + 2 FAULT
- REVERSER UNLOCKED

There are a further 14 warnings (too numerous to mention here) that
are inhibited from 80 kts until liftoff, but you will be presented
with a full warning once airborne.

You will be pleased to hear that DOOR Warnings ARE inhibited from 80
Kts until 1500 FT RA.

Rick Hughes
Perth
Western Australia