Re: Northwest 747s

From:         cra@servtech.com (Curtis R. Anderson)
Date:         01 Jun 96 16:32:36

In article <airliners.1996.707@ohare.Chicago.COM>, kls@ohare.Chicago.COM
(Karl Swartz) decided to enlighten us with:

>>Does anyone know if Northwest Airlines operates any 747SP's ?

>Northwest does not have any 747SPs.  To my knowedlge, they never have
>and never operated any on lease or otherwise borrowed.  There were no
>747SP-51s built.  (The 51 would indicate it was built for Northwest.)

Funny... I flew in a NW 747SP in early '84 from Seoul to Seattle. It's
possible that they acquired the plane from Pan Am and kept it in use
along the Far East corridor for a short while.

Of course, NW does not operate such a bird these days.
--
Curtis R. Anderson, Co-creator of "Gleepy the Hen", SP 2.5?, KoX
URLs: http://www.servtech.com/public/cra/ mailto:cra@servtech.com