Re: An unscientific survey (Airbus vs Boeing) [Long]

From:         meb4593@webevt01.ca.boeing.com
Date:         22 Jan 96 04:40:37

>>>>> "Jean-Francois" == Jean-Francois Mezei <mezei_jf@eisner.decus.org> writes:

Jean-Francois> As well, asking a 747-400 captain for his opinion on
Jean-Francois> the smaller Airbus planes is perhaps not 100%
Jean-Francois> fair. Asking a 737 captain to compare a 320 would be
Jean-Francois> more fair.

In my unscientific survey, I talked to a few America West pilots.
These former 737 pilots absolutely loved the A320!  As a software
engineer I have concerns regarding the cockpit avionics, and as a
passenger I was disappointed in the quality of the passenger
interior.  But the airplane is taken as a serious competitor at
Boeing.

What will be *really* interesting, is a comparison of the Next
Generation 737 against the A320!

--
 Michael Bain                 WebMaster                  (206) 294-0913
 Boeing Commercial Airplane Group                   Cabin Systems - IFE