Re: FT: Virgin interested in Superjumbo

From:         M.J.Jennings@amtp.cam.ac.uk (Michael Jennings)
Date:         23 May 96 10:05:37

Cameron Hines  <camhines@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>John Witherspoon wrote:
>>
>>I would think this means that Boeing would have to be crazy NOT to
>>build the plane, whereas Airbus would be crazy TO build the plane.
>>I can see the Qantas planes now -- with "Bigger Top" painted on them.
>>

>Qantas doesn't have "Big Top" on there aircraft it's Singapore Airlines on
>there 747-300s (There -400s are "Mega Tops"!!!)

	Qantas has 'Longreach' on their 747-400s. Qantas was founded in
the Australian town of Longreach, and when they bought the 747-400
(the longest range passenger aircraft in the world at the time) they
couldn't resist this. Hopefully they will manage to avoid puting
'Longerreach' on their 747-500s, if they buy some (which I guess they
will).

	Michael.

--
Michael Jennings
Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics