Re: T-Tailed aircraft

From:         hackett@southwind.net (Kim Hackett)
Date:         21 May 96 11:10:54

<airliners.1996.696@ohare.Chicago.COM>

>>>Will there ever be another T-Tailed airliner
>>>after the current ones become obsolete ? I know its all
>

>>I could be wrong but I believe the T-tail evolved in modern airliners as a
>>result of keeping the horizontal stabilizer out of the exhaust path of
>>planes built with rear-mounted engines.  Offhand, I'd reckon to say that
>>all airliners with engines on the aft fuselage have t-tails, or at least
>>some variation of that.

The two most recent new Citation business jet designs from Cessna are T-tail
aircraft.  The CitationJet and the Citation X (ten) both have T tails like
the Citation 3 (now known as the Citation VI and VII).  Rumor has it the
next Citation will be a T-tail.  All other Citation business jets have what
is called a cruciform tail, where the stabilizer connects to the fin part
way up the fin.