Re: An unscientific survey (Airbus vs Boeing)

From:         gsjames@ix.netcom.com (Gary S. James )
Date:         22 Jan 96 04:40:36

As the guy who wrote the original "A320 Comments" posting several
months ago, I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth...

I have been surveying the guys at my airline, especially those who have
flown both the A320 and the 757.  Generally, the feeling is that the
pilots and maintenance people prefer the Boeing product but acknowledge
that Airbus has incorporated several features that are superior to
their Boeing counterpart.  I would agree with this.

I've now been flying the line with the A320 for 5 months now and have
been keeping copious notes on both the positives (there are many) and
the negatives (there are also many) of the A320 vs Boeing and Douglas
airliners that I have personally flown.  In about a month or so, I'll
write a followup article to air my opinions.  As an aerospace engineer,
ATP, and the former project manager of the F-16 Block 50 Cockpit for
General Dynamics (now Lockheed) I have very definite opinions on the
subject.  I'll bet that not everyone will agree with them all.  HA!

--
Curved Air Technologies			GSJames@ix.netcom.com
Gary S. James				70264.2530@CompuServe.com