Re: Mothballed Airliners and other aircraft

From:         Vince Horan <Horan@bandce.demon.co.uk>
Date:         21 May 96 11:10:51

In article <airliners.1996.722@ohare.Chicago.COM>, Geoff Moran
<gmoran@senet.com.au> writes
>I would be gratefull for any information relating to aircfaft graveyards
>in the United States containing thousands of civilian and military aircraft
>no longer used. In particular I would like to know if they can be visited
>by the general public, and if so, where are they? Are the aircraft
>accessible? My son and I think these sites are aircraft heaven and if
>worthwhile would like to plan a trip.

I have a fair bit of information on locations, unfortunately not much on
accessability. The big one is at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson, AZ where I
believe there is still an organised tour. I will e-mail you more info in
a few days. If anyone has specific queries on this subject I will
attempt to answer.

I also always looking for updates on stored airliners, so if anyone has
been to Mojave, Kingman, Marana, Sherman-Grayson, Tucson, Las Vegas,
Avra Valley, Chandler - to name a few places where old airliners are
kept, then please contact me.

Cheers all,

Vince Horan    email: Horan@BandCE.demon.co.uk
Gatwick Aviation Society  http://www.totavia.com/hawkeye