Re: Jet Engines above the wing

From:         David Lednicer <dave@amiwest.com>
Date:         20 May 96 10:13:18

go.COM>

> Unfortunately, there is very little information currently available on the
> effects of upper-surface blowing, no real study, to my knowledge, has ever
> been undertaken. I have just been involved in a design group for a new

	Nonsense!  I have a notebook full of technical papers published
about the QSRA, YC-14 and Japanese ASKA Upper Surface Blowing (USB)
aircraft.  Quite a bit is known about USB, the trouble is, unless you
have a severe STOL requirement, it isn't really worth all of the
penalities that it imposes on your design.