Re: A340 - needed a computer re-boot at gate (long)

From:         bradg@io.org (Brad Gillies)
Date:         13 May 96 02:08:45

In article <airliners.1996.669@ohare.Chicago.COM>, m.fiddler@staffs.ac.uk (Martin) wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I thought you might be interested in a recent experience I had on an A340
>about to depart on an 11 hour flight to LHR.  It wasn't a US airline, but
>that's all I'll say about their ID.
>
>We boarded at ETA-30 minutes, and the door was closed at eta-5.  We then
>sat there for 20 minutes before the captain announced "a very minor
>technical fault with a fuel valve which will take 15 minutes to sort out".
<stuff deleted>

>I thought the above was both interesting and amusing!  I wonder why they
>didn't pull the CBs for the ecam, aids, bite or whatever actually needed
>rebooting?

Did you actually look around the flight deck when you were up there?  There
really aren't that many CB's.  There may have been no other way to reset the
computer.  Many of the computers cannot be reset that way on the 340.  The
only way is the "MASTER RESET" :)
Power down the whole aircraft and re start from the beginning.
The Emergency lights have their own batteries as they do on all aircraft.
l8R

--
Brad GIllies		Bradg@io.org