Re: Canadair Regional Jet

From:         Keith Tucker <ktucker@achilles.net>
Date:         09 May 96 12:50:18

Arthur Cordell wrote:

> >I have not flown the RJ but have heard some complaints that due
> >to the narrow main landing gear it can be a little tricky
> >in a crosswind.
>
>         On a slightly different note, what are they like for passengers?
> Comfort, noise, seat pitch, sense of space, etc.

I have used the RJ on Air Canada's ATL-YYZ route twice.  Equates well to
a slightly miniaturised MD-80 - ie. very good ride.  I also had the
opportunity to take a CL-600 from Sheerwater, NS to Uplands (YOW) - very
similar ride to the longer coupled RJ.

As an aside; Air Canada operates with a single cabin crew member which
means you get a Purser;so, well trained too.
--
Keith Tucker;                                  ktucker@achilles.net
             who would rather