Re: Transporting the Olympic Flame

From:         musjnd@panther.Gsu.EDU (Jonathan Neal Deitch)
Date:         09 May 96 12:50:15

mmallory@netcom.com (Mark Mallory) writes:

>	Did they actually transport an open flame on an airliner?  If
>so, how were they able to get away with doing this, when there are
>numerous regulations prohibiting the carrying of hazardous/flammable
>materials aboard aircraft?

The Flame was encased in a safety lantern (and attached to a bulkhead)
for it's trip to the US on Delta's brand new Centennial MD-11 ...

All, I'm sure, within Billy Payne's line of sight for the whole trip ...

Cool paint job on that aircraft, that's for sure !

- Jonathan

"Braves Win !  Braves Win !  Braves Win !  Braves Win !" -- Skip Caray (1992)
                    We are NOT "Loserville" anymore !!!
--
musjnd@panther.gsu.edu
jdeitch@gsu.edu

Roddenberry, Asimov, Henson, Dr. Seuss, Mel Blanc, Friz Freleng ...  Sigh ...