Re: Jet Engines above the wing: why not used?

From:         gdmckinn@ccnet.com (Gary McKinnis)
Date:         09 May 96 12:50:14

Tim Hills <Tim@cordle.demon.co.uk> writes:

<snip>
>I notice that the USAF finally went for the conventionally engined C17,
>although I admit that the YC14/15 were good looking designs!

I don't know what you mean by "conventionally engined," except where the
YC-14 is concerned, because both the YC-15 and C-17 have similar engine
installation placements, where the thrust blows directly into the lowered
flaps.  In fact, the C-17 looks a *lot* like the YC-15, right down to the
borrowed, forward-fueslage section of the DC-10.

My $0.02.

Gary