Re: Flying Boats

From:         David Lednicer <dave@amiwest.com>
Date:         01 May 96 11:19:57

> I believe that the Smithsonian Air and Space magazine had an article in
> the last year or two about a MARS flying boat that is doing fire
> service duty in the US.  I think that would qualify as one of the great
> ones.

	Almost - yes they are Mars, but they are up in Canada (BC), on
Vancouver Island (Spragg Lake, if I remember correctly).  They originally
bought the four survivors, but they are down to two, as a result of storm
damage and a fatal crash.  I sea kayak up in that area and am looking
forward to seeing them one day (hopefully NOT while they are on a scoop
run, headed my way!)