Re: Does a 747 actually have a drop ceiling?

From:         simonlc@ozemail.com.au (Simon Craig)
Date:         01 May 96 11:19:56

>>> Does a 747 really have a drop ceiling above the passenger cabin?  Is this
>>> mostly open space like the movie suggests?  I personally don't belive it
>>> is, but wanted to ask someone who might actually know this.  I appriciate
>>> your help.

Well, I suppose you could say there is a lot of empty space above the
ceiling, but it is not necessarily all usable.  Up there are cable runs, a
lot of air con ducting and fans, but mostly just supports for the ceiling
panels.  As for drop down areas, these are only above the main entry doors
and are for (or used to be for) lift rafts and other emergency equipment.

Simon Craig

--
simonlc@ozemail.com.au