Re: 747 "Classic" ?

From:         faurecm@halcyon.com (C. Marin Faure)
Date:         22 Apr 96 01:24:02

amuir@twsu.campus.mci.net (Andrew Muir) wrote:

> In article <airliners.1996.535@ohare.Chicago.COM>,
>    faurecm@halcyon.com (C. Marin Faure) wrote:
> >In article <airliners.1996.527@ohare.Chicago.COM>, astracon@aol.com
> >(Astracon) wrote:
> >
> >> In a recent conversation with someone from Virgin Atlantic the gentleman
> >> referred to the airline's 747-200's as 747 Classics.
>
> >It's not a term I've heard at Boeing.
>
> Marin,
>
> Have you heard the 737-3/4/500 referred to as the 737 "Classic" in Puget
> Sound?  That's what we are calling them here in Wichita.

Not yet, but I haven't done any work with the 737 people for quite
awhile.  Most of my recent projects have been with the 777.  However, I
haven't heard any of the upper management use that term yet.  But if
you're using the term in Wichita, I'm sure it will catch on here.  Just
print "Another 737 Classic from the Experts in Wichita" in big letters on
the protective wrapping on the next -300, -400, or -500 fuselage you ship
out, and I'm sure the term will spread through the Renton plant like
wildfire.

C. Marin Faure
  author, Flying A Floatplane