A few questions

From:         wilder@unixg.ubc.ca (Kevin M. Wilder)
Date:         08 Jan 96 01:37:27
Followups:    1 2 3

	In this month's Flying magazine, one of thier regular columnists
(Len Morgan) mentions two somewhat comical commercial aviation
incidents.  The first of these involves a US commercial airliner that not
only landed at the wrong airport, but in the wrong country, and the
second (and more serious) involves an airliner that "ditched" in the Sahara
after running out of fuel.  Does anyone have any more information on
these events?
	My final question has to do with the A340.  I saw an Air Canada
A340 at the Vancouver International Airport over the holidays, and I
noticed that both ailerons were "drooping" substantially.  (no, they were
not the flaps, unless the A340 has flaperons) why do they do this?  I
have not noticed this on any other aircraft.
	I know these are all somewhat trivial questions, but I'm still curious.
Any information will be appreciated.

Regards,

Kevin

--