Re: AA & the Airbus A340

From:         elkowitz@alumni.caltech.edu (Allan Elkowitz)
Date:         13 Apr 96 16:44:50

gt1086c@prism.gatech.edu (Gregory Glockner) wrote:

> I have often found it interesting
>that most of the major airlines have moved to greater frequency with
>smaller aircraft, yet Delta uses widebodies for a bunch of 90 minute
>flights out of Atlanta (c.f. ORD, MCO, FLL, PBI).

I inquired about this recently while on a short flight on an L1011 -?
from Cincinnati to Boston one evening when the plane was
nearly empty.  I was told that the only reason such a large and empty
plane was used for such a short flight was to position the aircraft in
Boston for an 8:00 a.m. run to Florida when it would be expected
to be full.

Allan